MuPDF is a small, fast and free PDF library written in portable C, available for Android. You can use this library for its built-in PDF viewer, for rendering PDF pages to images with a high-quality, manipulating PDF files in various ways…
If you want to use MuPDF in your Xamarin Android application, you can use this MuPDF Xamarin Android Binding nuget package that I made. Continue reading “MuPDF Xamarin Android binding on Nuget”
Designing a login form with Ionic Framework is very easy. I wrote this post for two reasons:
- First, I find vertically and horizontally centered login forms in mobile applications beautiful, especially with a nice background image or pattern.
- Secondly, I wanted a responsive login form that looks great on tablets. Many people use Ionic Framework to develop smartphone-only applications, but it is possible to make them look good on tablets with the Ionic responsive grid.
Continue reading “Centered login form with Ionic Framework”
In this post I’ll show you how to get Oracle SQL query results to CSV format into a CLOB only by calling stored procedures. This CLOB can be stored later in a table row or in a file using UTL_FILE.
There are two stored procedures:
- The first one, cursor_to_csv, takes a cursor as parameter
- The second one, query_to_csv, takes a VARCHAR2
Continue reading “SQL query results to CSV with PL/SQL”
In many cases, using a caching mechanism can drastically improve performances. Processed results of methods can be stored in memory or in files so they are ready to be returned immediately when we call the methods again.
In some .NET applications, we can use the MemoryCache class from System.Runtime.Caching to store data in memory. However, using such library in a basic way may induce some problems such as:
- Adding caching in each method which needs it may result in less readable and polluted code.
- The repetitive use of such code may induce errors (especially copy-pasted code).
- Depending on the nature of projects (mobile apps, websites, web services, desktop apps), we may need a different caching approach.
In order to avoid all these problems, I have written a generic caching aspect using Autofac and Castle DynamicProxy. Continue reading “Caching method results easily with AOP”
This component is a part of Pillar, a lightweight MVVM framework that I made for Xamarin.Forms 1.x and 2.x. Please check it out on Nuget or GitHub.
An EventToCommand behavior can be used to bind any event on a visual element to an ICommand. Typically, this element is used in XAML to connect the attached element to a command located in a ViewModel.
When I started playing with Xamarin Forms, I found myself in a situation where I had to bind the ItemTapped event of the ListView to a command. I managed to do so by using the Behaviors from the Cavalli Corrado’s nuget package.
But since Xamarin Forms officially supports Behavior in version 1.3, I wanted to write my own. Continue reading “EventToCommand in Xamarin Forms Apps”